Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bethlehem HaGalilit (Where Jesus was born?)

So yes this is the land of Jesus?....well this little village I am staying up in the rolling hills is also called Bethlehem and as the story goes an archaeologist did an excavation and found some evidence suggesting that Jesus was actually born here and not in the other Bethlehem Judea, however when he suggested this data he was promptly fired. It might complicate things you know?

Anyhow its absolutely beautiful here.....yes I walked through this a few hours ago....

Heck when I have my babies I am getting on a plane and flying to Mindy's house from wherever I am. Mindy the second midwife I am staying with started her own birth center here complete with a birthing room, whirlpool water bath, swinging hammock, and garden patio. Yes I wish everyone could deliver there baby in a heaven such a this. I went to my first birth of the trip today (though we missed it by about 30 minutes). I spend my mid-days following Mindy in her everyday life- so far counseling women, assisting in births, and visiting with women post-birth. In the mornings and evening I peruse the countryside while the light is good and when the light is not good?...upload pictures and sit on my but in a hammock eating amazing food and reading "the coming plague". I think I have a new found love for eggplant!

I am going to ad some photos though so you can get a sense of this place and hit the sack. Enjoy!

This is Rotem a trapeze artist who is afraid of heights. She has come to Mindy to seek some pre-natal counseling for the baby for which she wants Mindy to deliver at her home.














Maya is shown bellow 1 hour after delivering this baby via water birth.

1 comment: