Sunday, March 1, 2009

For Lack of Sleep and Happiness

I can't tell you with what excitement I write this right now. Wow I mean for the first time in my life things are working out my way and it is all so sudden and at the same time I am not really sure how to handle it. For the first time I know what I am going to be doing and it is all better then anything I could have ever imagined. Who would have thought that a girl who struggled with a learning disability and almost failed out of 4th grade would have all of her dreams come true at 23.

Its funny the world looks very different when your dreams come true. Its almost like being in love. I guess that is the only other time I have felt this. The road ahead will not be easy but all I can do is soak in the emotion I am feeling right now and know that I am exactly where I want to be at this place and time. I can't sleep but this time for happiness.

I am packing my bags for Israel and it is a bittersweet goodbye to this place. I have met the most wonderful people here during my two years living in Colorado. Some amazing friends, great job opportunities, the best housemates I could have asked for, and a beautiful mountain playground. In a few days I will wake up in the hot desert amidst a deeply embedded conflict that I have so much to learn from. A land with more history then people can speak of. A group of women with more heart then most people have ever experienced. This is what we have been working towards and it is happening. I board the plane tomorrow. Adventure awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment